Saturday, December 27, 2014

Summer Singles


I've decided to start a KAL this Summer, and I'm so excited about it!  After knitting loads of garments and big projects this year, all I want to do over the Summer break is bust out some small things and use some of my precious, gorgeous single skeins.  

Like many others, I am a bit of a collector of the single skein pretties.  So tempting, so alluring, yet often somehow just too special to be used?  Or not quite enough meterage to make something worthy? Well, enough of that!  I had a good clean up of my stash, and it's plain as day - these beauties are just too pretty to be stuck in storage.

This is a very relaxed KAL - a bit like Summer.  The only guidelines are to find those special skeins in your stash (or buy some, I'm all for stash enhancement) and bring them to life over Summer. 

If you would like to join in, feel free. I'm going to start New Year's Eve, following my tradition from previous years of starting a new project to herald in the start of the new year.

You can follow along here, on Ravelry in the group, or over on Instagram too if that's your thing.  We'll be using the hashtag #summerofthesingleskein and I'd love to see what you do with all the scrumptious skeins are hiding in your collection!

1 comment:

Caffeine Girl said...

At first I thought your title was a joke. It is SO cold here that I had totally forgotten it is actually summer. Enjoy!